Do you think building modular kitchens in Kochi can burn a hole in your pocket? How much does a modular kitchen cost? As you may probably know, modular kitchens are designed with standardized components or ‘modules’ that are available with a fixed price. So, you can set up a beautiful kitchen in your home without breaking the bank once you are clear about your personal priorities. Even though the cost of basic modular kitchens in Ernakulam or any other locality starts from one lakh, there are some other factors that contribute to the higher prices.
- Size of your kitchen: Depending on the size and layout of your kitchenette, price also varies. It is a given that a large kitchen will need more modules thus resulting in higher costs. Also, your cooking style can also be a factor. For instance, if you don’t spend a lot of time cooking, then you only need some basic components for kitchen, which will cut down the prices.
- Cabinet material and finishes: Some of the popular choices of cabinet materials include wood, plywood, MDF (Medium-density fiberboard) and particle board. Among these, wood is the most expensive yet a classy choice. And when it comes to finish options, you have to choose from acrylic, polymer, membrane foil and laminate. Acrylic with its glossy appearance and scratch resistant properties is an ideal choice, but is expensive compared to its counterparts. Hence, your choice of materials and finishes for kitchen interior as well as exterior will decide the overall price of modular kitchen.
- Accessories: Each and every modular kitchen layout need to be designed by incorporating the right set of accessories. Depending on its functionality, you need to select the accessories that will sync with your kitchen design seamlessly. But make sure to invest in accessories that you are actually going to use. Pegboards, plate holders and knife holders are some of must-have accessories.
- Countertops and backsplashes: Both counter tops and back splashes can make or break the appeal of your cooking space. Quartz, corian and polished granite are some of the popular countertop materials; quartz being high-priced. On the other hand, glass, metals and stone backsplashes available in the market can induce colour and elegance to cooking spaces.
- Appliances: Similar to that of accessories, appliances play a crucial role in enhancing the overall cooking experience. You may opt for built-in appliances like oven and dishwasher to avail the optimum use of space. Buy the appliances that you will use frequently in order to avoid added costs.
So now you clear about the basic factors that contribute towards the price of a modular kitchen, make it a point to prioritize your needs and create a kitchen that matches your vision and budget.