Matt modular kitchens are more about understated charm and luxury. The kind of luxurious look that you can expect from a matt kitchen is that of a subtle and refined kind. If you construct this type of kitchen and give it a high-quality finish, be assured that you’d be going for one of the most stunning looking kitchen spaces!
Let’s look at some of the rare unique qualities that only a matt kitchen can offer you:
- Matt surface means that it doesn’t reflect light like a gloss kitchen. Because they prefer absorbing rather than reflecting, matt modular kitchens go for more of a muted and subtle appearance, rather than being a bit loud and shiny.
- It doesn’t need light for its colors to maintain a definitive hue. Unlike its counterpart, a matt kitchen uses more solid base of colours. The colour consistency isn’t lost in the wait for the right kind of lighting.
- The colours, further, have a wider range for someone who wants a matt kitchen, especially the kitchen doors. These colors, in a similar way as gloss modular kitchens, work great, when used in combination with other colors.
- Being scratch resistant and durable are two of the other great qualities of matt modular kitchens that you can rely upon.
- While these are easy to clean, just like gloss kitchens are, having surfaces that do not accentuate smudge marks or fingerprints, gives them a brownie point there too.
- You will find a really wide range of matt kitchen finishes available easily in the market. Not just finishes, but colors as well, and at wide range of prices too.
- You can have wooden worktops in your matt kitchen to give it a beautiful country cottage look.
- If you include acrylic worktops in your matt finished modular kitchen, you could have a modern themed kitchen at hand.
- You could even add a pinch of gloss to your matt kitchen by going for worktops made from granite.
- A contemporary finish could be obtained by mixing and matching white cabinetry with dark granite worktop.
So, you can see how you can have yourself a beautiful and sophisticatedly designed kitchen, if you go for a matt finish. You will always have the choice between going for a more traditional scheme, or a modern one, or even something that combines the both, making everyone happy!
If home is where heart resides, then kitchen is the exact place in home where it takes its residence! Modular kitchens have slowly but surely become a necessity to a good life and great lifestyle. The most lived portion of any home, kitchen sees all the action – from preparing food, to entertaining guests, to having children complete their school work, to endless small but important tasks.
So, what are the things that a modular kitchen absolutely needs in order to make it a more comfy, and an overall better place?
Let’s look at the top 5 things that your kitchen would thank you for getting:
- Modular kitchens definitely need durable work surfaces. Laminates are a really good option – both cost-wise, as well as in terms of quality. That is what makes them one of the more popular choices as well. Other options could be solid wood, granite, and such, which would offer the perfect minimalistic look to your kitchen.
- Walls are the first casualty in the regular cases of food splatters in the modular kitchens. To clean them afterward is a huge task. So, go for a paint that offers much needed resistance to stains and grease. This will make your cleaning task really easy.
- The traditional dining space that used be completely kept separate from the kitchen are really a thing of the past now. Open kitchen is what’s trending now! Not just stylish to look at, but it also makes cooking and eating together really convenient. A dining table in the kitchen in addition makes it a perfectly sociable space in the house for guests too. If yours is a smaller kitchen and can’t take in a dining table, you could think about giving up some of the countertop space and use it as breakfast bar.
- Your kitchen like everything else in your life, should be technologically efficient, and more importantly, very updated. Whether it’s replacing your appliances after they’ve spent a long time with you with newer gadgets, or getting a wireless sound system to help you work – don’t hesitate to get it!
- And finally, your kitchen shouldn’t just be the place where you go cook, but where you relax as well. Kitchen, after all, is the heart of a home. So, if yours is a large kitchen, get a comfortable couch, where you can have your friends over, talk to them, and just have fun. Leather would be a good choice of material for the couch, as it would be easy to clean, and would absorb the cooking smells too.
Buying a modular kitchen is not exactly a tough process – but it sure requires you to be a bit careful. Kitchen forms such an important part of any home, that you need to be absolutely sure about what you need, how much money you’re ready to spend, what will suit your family the best, and so on. These are the kinds of questions that you ask yourself before you indulge in buying yourself a kitchen.
But, there are another set of important questions – the ones that you ask your modular kitchen supplier. What are those?
Let’s have a see:
- Ask for a guarantee. Decent modular kitchens should last at least 10 years without a hassle, and your kitchen supplier should guarantee you that. The kitchen as well as the materials that it comes with – they should all be durable and robust. And it’s not just about asking for a guarantee – you should also ask about exactly the things that the guarantee covers.
- Modular kitchens are more than just the whole space – they’re about the whole plan and design as well. So, you’ll have to ask your kitchen provider if they will help you with eh planning and designing part as well. Having a definite kitchen design in head is what will make you visualize your future kitchen better. Ask questions like, where will the cabinets go, what material would be the best for making the countertop, and so on.
- The other thing is the measurement that goes into the making of modular kitchens. So, you must ask your kitchen supplier, whether they’ll provide a free survey or not. The designing and fitting of a kitchen should be right to the millimeter. Therefore, the measurements should be exact. Even if they have to again take any measurements, they shouldn’t hesitate in going ahead for them.
- An important question to ask is that what all is included in the toatl cost you pay. The reason is, many modular kitchens come with some furniture, lights, and other stuff, at no extra cost. So, you should ask if you get anything that is included in the price of your kitchen.
- Whether you get an assembled or a flat packed kitchen, you will have to prepare to have a proper storage space. Modular kitchens without a proper storage would be incomplete, to say the least! You’ll need to to find a space first to start the installation. So, ask when your kitchen is going to get delivered, and you should arrange for the storage installation immediately after that.
- An important part of installing modular kitchens is the post-sales process. You will have to be very clear with your supplier about how much you can trust him, after you’ve bought the kitchen from him. This one’s really important, because you must get a decent after-sales service after having paid a really good amount for the kitchen.
So, these are a few important questions that we think you should ask before you finally buy the kitchen you want. If there are questions, in addition to these, that you think are important – do not hesitate to ask your modular kitchen supplier for the same!